Sunday, June 07, 2009

Belmont Revisited

Yesterday I exercised restraint and refused to to blog save an honrable reflection on the only thing that mattered, the Anniversary of D-Day....today is a horse of a different color.

I completed my own Triple Crown of sorts manyana.....I somehow managed to manipulate and twist my assorted combinations over the Big 3 and refused to take back a single penny for all my wagers.....no easy feat, considering I dropped an Easy grand on Derby-Preak-Belmont combined.....and not even a $2.20 show bet came in for me.....I should have made money on the Derby , but instead of going across the board on Pioneer, I tripled up my win bet....he got 2nd of course , the rest was all down hill.
.....you would think one of my lousy nags would have had the decency to scratch as they entered the gate so I could my original sheckles back...but no.

last word on the subject before i Turn all my attention to Monmouth Park...where I never loose, .......Calvin Borell is a dirtbag, plain and simple...he is a redneck sht, he abondoned a Horse that should have had his moment in the sun yesterday going for history , and Jerry Bailey was the only one on TV with the balls to say it....instead, yesterday was all about Calvin, because TV can't resist a distraction from the action , a heartwarming story about a silly talking man who overcame struggles ,instead of focusing on the race at hand.....Calvin is all about Calvin, don't let his fake humility fool ya.....he had a TV crew following him around Times Square marveling about how big it was , and how small his hometown down south wuz.....ahh shucks....it's all bullsht , he has an agent, a marketing deal, was on Letterman and Leno , he's no humble pie American, he is a typical me-first skumbag, every move he makes is about him, the least he could do is drop the Gomer Pyle routine and admit it.....

God Help him if he ever rides a Mount at the Haskell , for I will be there to remind him.

No comments: