Wednesday, July 15, 2009

American Dream revised edition

perhaps the Ozark Mountain daredevils are right, maybe there is a "Beauty in the River". maybe we just need to downsize our expectations , stop focusing on the big picture and get back to enjoying the small stuff....turn a blind eye towards the utter mess this planet and this nation is in and instead bask in the Golden Glow of an American Ale.

I am off today , there is something special about having a day off midweek, today i will take solace in the bohemian melodies of the grateful dead and the only other voice i shall subject my ears to , is that of the track announcer at Beautiful Monmouth Park. A peaceful, quiet afternoon of wondrous beasts charging around the track, icey cold Delicious BEEEER and SUNSHINE......who knows , i may even hit a birthday superfecta ..3265... and skip away a tad wealthier.

I am bout to start Q ing my breakfast , a mouth watering batch of boneless spare ribs , grilled to perfection, marinated zucchini ( or is it cusini) yellow squash and onions over spanish rice......complimented by a Frozen Glass lovingly filled with Pete Coors original banquet beer.....I am on vacation , no need to worry about my belly and drink light beer.

as i type this , the song that changed my life just came on the stereo, a live circa 77 version of SUGAR MAGNOLIA.....and yes , my heart still skips a beet.....i gotta go.

No comments: