Monday, December 20, 2010

comes a time

Comes a time , when a blind man takes your hand
and says, don't you see ? ( Jerry Garcia )

inevitably in life there also comes a time in life when you ask yourself, WHY DO I GIVE A DAM ?

I don't like being extorted for a PSL , but I do it because i love the Giants.
I don't like being forced to buy season tickets and preseason games and parking passes IN ADVANCE, but i do it because i bleed BIG blue.
I don't like paying a Bernard Kings ransom for a bottle of beer in the nose bleed seats of the NEW GIANTS stadium, but I do it because there is a bond between players and fans that bridges generations, a pride that comes with identifying yourself as a GIANTS fan, euphoric when they succeed and despaired when they fail.

Yesterday tested the limits of said bond, when we the people give up so much, time, money etc etc ; this close to Christmas, you at least expect the team to meet you half-way , the 4th quarter of yesterdays games against the that team from the south, went far beyond embarrassing, i don't like loosing, but i can tolerate it.....I CANT Tolerate apathy, and that's what i saw on the field in the waning 8 minutes of the game.

why ? why ? do i give a dam.....well maybe i don't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...not apathy but STUFREAKINPIDITY. Stupid coaching; stupid play-calling; stupid player-making; stupid players!!!