Monday, September 15, 2014

circle of life

I bought a Weber 6 burner gas grill in 2001, a few months after we adopted Gravey..... For the next 13 years I grilled 10 or 11 months out of the year and 99% of the time Gravey stood by my side or laid in the Grass and observed like a safety inspector... On the coldest or rainiest days she would watch from the window.....not because she was afraid of the elements but because Valerie overruled us...I used to show her the food before it went on the grill so she would know what to expect..... Like a waiter showing a customer a $200 bottle of red wine......she'd wag her tail in approval..... She never had to beg because there was "always" something for Gravey.....we used to repackage the meat from Costco into smaller zip lock bags for three (me,val n graves).......last Sunday Sept 7th...before we knew she was sick, I was grilling chicken burgers and she was snoozing in the grass and the main support for the grill surface collapsed..... It scared both of us....I was Able to keep cooking on 2 burners but the rest of the grill was caput......"thats it pal" I told her..."time for a new grill....maybe if we're good Sanity Clause will bring us one at Christmas ".........I am real sorry she won't be around next spring when I Christen a new grill.

No comments: