Friday, February 26, 2016

Never forget.....or kinda remember ?

if you ever were on the plaza of the World Trade Center between the mid 90's and 2001 you may or may not have noticed.... Tucked away in an obscure passage... Near the back entrance of the Vista hotel and a stairway to the street level that nobody used.....there was a memorial for the victims of the 1993 bombing that occurred 23 years ago today.....it always bothered me that this was hidden from the tourists.... I tried to periodically pass the memorial and say a quick prayer. I always knew there would be a second attack... Although I thought it would be another truck bomb...I never imagined or feared it would be the horrific attack that it was....... But it once again proves that hiding and denying history doesn't work...... The 7 attackers were moslems, their friends would be back to finish the job in less than 10 years....president Clinton at the time urged Americans not to overeact.

No comments: