Thursday, May 26, 2016

Gemelli's

On the train, a memory just came flooding back.....I was in Gemelli's with Pat Garry ( Italian restaurant and bar on street level at 4 world trade) .....it was late August 2000.... we were waiting for Rocco who worked a few blocks away....we were taking the subway out to Shea for the Mets v Cardinals game..... anyway we were drinking away and the guy next to us recognized me, it was Mike Buhse , he was with his older brother ( Tommy I think) and they were waiting on their brother Pat ( my friend since kindergarten).....Rocco came in , Pat Buhse came in and now we had s party......rounds of drinks, probably some shots and a lot of catching up before we left.... Good time..... turned out Pat worked for Cantor in tower 1 and lived in Middletown NJ...... I told him I worked for Instinet , also in tower 1 and that I was in the process of moving to Little Silver.....we laughed at the irony and said goodbye, that was the last time I ever saw him......not sure what made me think of that today.

1 comment:

alvarez said...

Gravey - do you remember they lived right down the block from us on 76th street and 5th ave?