Friday, March 22, 2019

on a long and lonsesome highway, east of omaha

yesterday as a light rain fell on the streets of bayridge, in a quiet unassuming bar and even less ceremonious atmosphere, I said goodbye to my former head linesman...perhaps forever.....he's off battle life's demons on greener pastures, and a newer and different battlefield with a fresh set of combatants on the foreign shores of the sunshine state.....I will miss him for sure, but truth be told ive been missing him for a longtime already....he checked out of our circle 18 months ago,  for whatever reason I know not what for.....he was top 5 interesting, entertaining and funny when he was in his prime, he probably never should have left bayridge in the 1st place....he had a good tun in the Garden Satate but it ended terribly and he was never quite the same...he was a modern day walter mitty, an ever changing chameleon, he struggled with the basic truths but he sure was funny and told a great story...i'll save his obituary for when he truky dies not just metaphorically.....I wish him well and I hope he makes peace with himself and enjoys whats left of this life......as bob seger says...."there we goo, turn the page"

1 comment:

alvarez said...

Hey Chreeeeese?
I drink...a little bit...of the Jack Daniels – pleeeeezee.

Long Live Alvarez!!!!!!!