Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Oh the benches were stained

with tears and perspiration.....
The birdies were flying from tree to tree, 
There was little to say, there was no conversation
As I stepped to the stage to pick up my degree....
Yeah well it’s about that time, but sooo very much as changed since Robert Zimmerman graduates from Hibbing High School in Minnesota......today I read a snippet about a high school ( forgive me but I don’t recall where) that is doing away with the class valedictorian....they feel it creates unhealthy competition and stress......let that sink in..... the same school administrators across the country that have bullied a generation of kids into taking on mountains of debt to go to college because they would be useless without a college degree are now discouraging those kids from embracing their education and challenging themselves to be the best.........my friends, there is no such thing as unhealthy competition....it is in fact the only way to better yourself at whatever task is at hand.....the t-ball generation is afraid to strike out, afraid to loose, terrified of failure.....but instead of using those fears as motivation...they simply change the rules....every one gets to bat, keep swinging until you hit the ball and don’t allow anyone to keep score.....(Patrick Garry was a man ahead of his time, he always kept score at his daughters tball games and he made sure she knew if her team won or lost) .....sadly we are turning into a nation of frightened little girls.... requiring/demanding safe spaces....afraid of debate or differing opinions, unable or unwilling to accept unfavorable results ( elections, entrance exams etc etc) we are the calf that is being fattened for slaughter and our days are numbered....our enemies see it and are bidding their time......we will self implode or be extinguished in the next 50 years if we do not come to our senses.......I just hope their is beeeeer, dogs, music and women in the afterlife.....or wherever the fuck I end up. ( if you are reading this blog in the 22nd century, I hope I was wrong.... and I hope the Rangers are in the Stanley Cup Finals)...........sing it Bobby

I put down my robe, picked up my diploma
Took hold of my sweetheart and away we did drive
Straight for the hills, the black hills of Dakota
Sure was glad to get out of there alive
And the locusts sang, well, it give me a chill
Yeah, the locusts sang such a sweet melody
And the locusts sang with a high whinin' trill
Yeah, the locusts sang and they was singing for me
Singing for me, well, singing for me

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have some Jack Daniels...

alvarez said...

"next 50 years"??? this is the internet age....we are only 18 months away from disaster...if any one of the demonrats wins in november 2020, this country is finished...

when hemingway was asked how did he go bankrupt, he replied, gradually, then suddenly...

tomcat said...

That’s a great Hemingway quote.... I will have to use that.