Thursday, June 28, 2007

farewell tour

as i roam around, and make the rounds of saying fare thee well to my old haunts of lower manahattan, it strikes me that not as many people drink their lunch anymore......that's a shame....where did all the good day drinkers go.....even last week I had lunch with K-Mac in suspenders and he was having a diet coke.......says he's too busy to knock back a few at lunch and still be productive when he gets back to the office...........and I said "SO" ??

anyway I thought it might be nice to logintheblog all the establishments I feel a yearning to say goodbye to as I move across the Hudson the real JC.

I'll start with today's stop......if that makes any sense.

Nebraska Steak House on Stone Street:

not a big fan, never really went there much while it has been called Nebraska....$5.00 Coors Light Bottle part of the reason. ......although today there were a bevy of buxom bartenders, but that is not why I stopped there........I went there for the memories that were created under the previous owner/title.....this used to be Cassidy's Liquid Asetts.....a lot of cold beer was inhaled over the years standing by the upstairs bar with the window looking down on Stone Street.

No comments: