Saturday, June 02, 2007

X men

in case you were not included on the email, I have attached a copy below....yesterday was the anniversary of the Xaverian Track Team 1971 CITY Championship. Had i realized this yesterday, I surely would have stayed in brannigans for one extra beer and raised a glass to this accomplishment. Having run for Xaverian myself, and seen first hand the fierce competition of NY High school track, I can appreciate what a tremendous effort this took from every memeber of that team.......Congratulations.....don't ever let the date pass without acknowledgement.............ps...i watched the redsox game in scores with Arods Busty friend, and she said it ain't over until cynthia "the fat lady" rodriguez sings.

33 years ago today...on a rainy Saturday morning in the Bronx - lightening strikes, as the mighty Molloy Stanners (from Queens!) were dethroned by the scrappy (not to mention superbly coached) Clippers from Brooklyn (birthplace of civilization)!

Xaverian High School becomes Track and Field New York City Champs!!!!

One of the greatest upsets in the history of sports!

I'm heading out in 15 minutes for a 3 mile loop to the train station...and while even a measly 3 miles is a challenge now, I think about what happened 33 years ago - every day I run - and that helps me finish my workouts.

I sometimes wonder - was it a dream? Did it really happen? How did we ever win? Talk about comebacks!

PS - beers at 6pm...Yanks at 7pm...I sent this e-mail to Torre too...as Yogi says, it ain't over until it's over. We sure proved that saying is true.

No comments: