Thursday, September 10, 2020

The last good morning sunrise

 Will be the brightest you’ve ever seen (Peter Rowan)


I woke in the middle of the night Tuesday and my alarm clock was shining an incredibly bright light.....no music.....it wasn’t time yet.....but for some strange reason it lit up......as I lay awake staring at the ceiling I couldn’t help but think about the brightest, most frightening light I ever saw ( I’m thinking now after all these years that certain things lie just below the surface of conciuosness......they never really are behind us, always lurking, and are brought to the surface when necessary)........I had literally just escaped from the World Trade Center.....and crossed West Street... was wth Kevin Mondo Monahan....we stopped at the Chase Bank in front of/across the street from 200 Liberty St.....I was trembling and doubled over catching my breath.... I pointed to Wolfhounds ( a bar on the ground floor of 200) and I told Mondo we would go in for a drink as soon as they opened .....the first plane hit at 8:46......the second plane 9:03......I wasn’t looking at my watch but I now realize I crossed West Street at 9:02......the words we’re still coming out of my mouth when I was frozen by an incredible ROAR......the loudest noise I ever heard before or since......it felt like an eternity.....it seemed to be getting louder.....people on the streets were freaking out .......and collectively we instinctively looked upward between on South End Ave to the bluest sky of them all......and as my ears hurt from the roaring engines, my stomach was in my throat and I saw the SUN reflecting off the nose of a silver Jet Plane as it crossed West Street and slammed into the South Tower , WTC 2.........of all the horrible things I saw and experienced that Day......that reflected light and the realization of what it was as the Brain processed it.....well that was probably the worst few seconds of my life.

2 comments:

D E A D said...

To witness the Most Horrible event in recorded History .. Be Blessed and always be the Light you have always Been .. FinsterdalevGarbouli

D E A D said...

Incredible to have witnessed such a Horror .. In fact the most Horrific Event in History .. Be Blessed and Grateful for each Day .F Garbuli