Sunday, April 25, 2021

ive seen the bright lights of memphis

 and the Commodore Hotel

And underneath a street lamp, I met a Southern Belle

Well, she took me to the river where she casts her spell

And in that southern moonlight, she sang the song so well



not exactly a Louisville classic , but you get the point......and so begins Derby week....Essential Quality and Hot Rod Charlie are the top two betting favorites....and i hope it stays that way because i am tossing them both OUT.....i am going with a NY connection of Todd Pletcher and Irad Ortiz Jr. onboard KNOWN AGENDA.........bet early and often .....keep an eye on another Pletcher Horse BOURBONIC , he won the Wood at 38-1.....but i think that was either an anomaly or his peak......and MIDNIGHT BOURBON is a Tiznow descendent and worthy of triples & superfecta consideration........and of course i would be remis if i didn't put a few sheckles on Brooklyn Strong ........but my true runner up is Medina Spirit....a Bob Baffert trained colt out of the sunshine state....so that will be my primary exacta.

this could all be moot come 11:00 a.m. Tuesday when the post position draw occurs , and so i could be reduced to betting birthdays, anniversary's and Lucky numbers.....but heck , what else am i supposed to blog about on a rainy sunday morning.


Walk me out in the morning dew my honey

Walk me out in the morning dew today

I'll walk you out in the morning dew my honey

I guess it doesn't really matter anyway

I guess it doesn't matter anyway

I guess it doesn't matter anyway

I guess it doesn't matter anyway

No comments: