Thursday, August 10, 2006

jerry revisted

........I remember it like it was yesterday.... The night before Jerry died I saw Bob Weir and Rob Wassermen in Central park.......I was working for Waterhouse in 44 Wall Street when I heard....I immediately went to the Blarney Stone , ordered a cold one and a played Dead on the Juke box for an hour or so.
When I got back to the office they thought someone in my family had died ( in a way they were right) because I recd 15 to 20 personal phone calls.......my desk was littered with yellow stickies......Call Mac, Call Dano, call Donn, call Cogs, don't call Rog , Call Rocco etc etc.........a lot of people thought of me when they heard the news I guess.........went out in Bayridge and tied one on that night too. think I'll tie one on tonight. listening to the Dead and looking at my Tug Mcgraw scrapbook.

No comments: