Friday, June 06, 2014

belmont

can't even talk about Belmont Park without thinking about the Pete Johnson Stakes......some of the greatest afternoons at the track in my life.......so many laughs, so many good times.....soooo many cold beers, hawaiian shirts and cigars.

at the risk of driving down the odds I share with my loyal readers my pick for the Big Race.....although my heart is with Claifornia Chrome....my sheckles cannot pass up a Mike Smith / Bill Mott combo at a ridiculous price....MATUSZAK .opened at 30/1........saw the espn scroll this morning said 50/1.........thats  a f*ckin retirement plan waitin to happen......from a strictly handicappin point of view i like Wicked Strong and Ride on Curlin with Chromie in a triple Box.............and since it's only friggin money i bet my birthday superfecta box.....3-2-6-5-...............alas i have been wrong before...

off today....gonna drink cool refreshing beer at the Coors Light Finish Line BAR with the Croatian Triplets at Monmouth Park.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pete Johnson's Belmont Stakes parties were awesome. Can't remember how many years we did it and being there with Pete when the gates opened and staying til the rinky dinks kicked us out! Those days are over - you can't bring coolers in anymore. Like you're pick of Wicked Strong since I'm not a sentimentalist...
See you at PC's Monmouth trip next week?

tomcat said...

Yes definitely.....I will be @ the PC's spot next week... see you then.....your brother and Kelly are coming here today...Dano, Chaz Higgs...Coughlin & Maura.....you are more than welcome to join us....42 edgewood ave little silver....party starts at 2:30