Saturday, December 31, 2016

Uncle Gordy

Bayridge is a strange terrain, with even stranger characters that have adorned her landscape over the years. Decades and probably centuries....... Gordon Contessa was a beauty...a lot of folks probably got their ass kicked by this assassin.....some friends were swindled out of nickels for his drug habbit....and some folks he didn't know were straight out robbed perhaps....but he was good hearted , tough, mental case ......he was one of the toughest toughest guys in Bayridge in his prime..... and not to sound like Sally field , but he really, really liked me.....I always knew I had a friend in Uncle Gordy.....the more Collins broke his balls, the more Gordy liked me.....I found him in liev Erickson Park once and brought him home to live over Napper's for a few weeks...he used to order pay per view movies and swear that they came on tv free....he got locked out once and climbed up the fire scape and banged on Seamus's Window to get in......but I helped him and he never forgot that.....he always told me that he had my back....and that meant something to me.....I haven't seen him in 2 years , but news of his passing makes me sad.....you weren't a great man Gordy....but none of us are....but I loved ya , and I miss you already.

No comments: