Saturday, May 06, 2017

Derby Rant 2017

so I'm sitting at the silver bullet bar in Monmouth Park watching the Thunder Snow but out of the corner of my eye I'm Lookin At Lee and he's on a mission, Fast and Accurate he's sipping his Gunnevera and washing it down with pints of Tapwrit....like he's the king of his own Classic Empire, totally Untrapped in a State of Honor or something , ....me ? Irap with the barlass, impress her with my Irish War Cry and silly anecdotes about Mcracken, telling tales like a Sonneteer, but it falls on deaf ears like a J Boys Echo...cause it the Evil Gormley with a Patch over one eye that she's interested in....Hence ...I'm Girvin up....don't want to start another Battle of Midway over something so silly as a Practical Joke.......gone but never forgotten....because guys like me are ALWAYS...ALWAYS DREAMING. The Play today for me is Always Dreaming up top.....tied to Practical Joke as my primary exacta....with Gunnavera and Irish War Cry played prominently in my triples and superfectas......birthdays, anniversaries, addresses etc etc...just enough crazy bets to ensure that even if I win...I loose......alas...more often than not....I have been wrong before....Good Luck and Gob Bless...and remember....you can never bet too much on a winning horse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't believe you left out CLASSIC EMPIRE - he's the CLASS, CLASS, CLASS of this race with 3 Grade 1 wins in this pedestrian field (only two others, Gormley and Practical Joke have two with Thunder Snow and Always Dreaming with one)!!!. And, with the today's morning line now at 7-1 he's also a great value play! Also has the versatility to run any type of race and definitely likes the track with his first two wins coming at Churchill. You should at least include him in your exotics - 7 races with 5 wins (3 GRADE 1), a Show, and a thrown rider. Good luck.