Thursday, September 21, 2017

And it's 1,2,3

What are we fighting for ? ... Don't ask me I don't give a dam,... the next stop is Viet Nam.(Country Joe McDonald)......if you have not watched any of the Ken Burns documentary on PBS about the Viet Nam war....you should try to carve out a few hours or days to watch it on demand......Ken does lean left, but he does an incredible job of digging up photos and footage on his stories..... I'm only two episodes in and I'm already surprised by how much I didn't know..... I won't try to summarize or draw conclusions until I have watched Every episode, but the one snippet that really stuck with me so far, was an interview with a Vet fm Oklahoma or Nebraska who joined the Marines at 17 out of High school ...he said something along the lines that as a teenager in 1960 in the Midwest him and his friends Couldn't even fathom that "OUR" Government might lie to it's people.....wow........ hopefully, if nothing else; the Viet Nam experience taught this nation a healthy lesson in cynicism.....I served in the 80's and I can say that me and my shipmates didn't trust our chain of command.... right up to the Commander and Chief President Reagan....we carried out orders, but never drank the cool aid......we drank Every drop of liquor we could get our hands on.....but never cool aid...... anyway the world is supposed to end Friday night, so I think I will place a huge bet on the Mets just to screw my Bookie.....try collecting in the afterlife ol pazzer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you get to episode 3, note the part on the reporters (Sheehan and Halberstrom) who filed articles from Nam on a battle that was lost. However, the head army honcho in Vietnam and the "mainstream" press labelled it a victory. Fake news even back then!

Anonymous said...

Oops...this was in episode 2!