Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Oh say can you see

Flag Day June 14th 1994, the Stanley Cup Rangers, and it all started with Mister John Amirante from Cardinal Hayes High School in the Bronx; attempting to sing the National Anthem.... I was standing in my perch of Row F , seat 18, in section 419 and I never heard a word..... the greatest start to the greatest night in team history.....for 35 years Mister Amirante graced the ice and our Shrine of MSG at 33rd & 8th, and although he passed yesterday, he will remain a part of that cup forever and will never be forgotten...∆∆side note∆∆.... Valerie and I attempted to hire him to sing the Anthem at our wedding in 97, but it was logistically impossible..... .Rest in Peace Mister Amirante.

1 comment:

alvarez said...

if I remember correctly, jorma did a nice job as his replacement...