Thursday, July 12, 2018

Plunging like stones from a slingshot on Mars.

that unmistakable imagery was provided by John Perry Barlow of course and the black Throated wind....i'm in the midst of reading his autobiography..."Oh Mother, American Night"...and I do not want this book to end......as anxious as I am to turn pages and follow his incredible journey through this world, his front row seat to the show of a lifetime and his participation in the Greatest circus that Was/IS the Grateful Dead.....I just don't want to get to the end of this book......our hero dies at the end of course, and don't/wont we all.....I try to limit how many pages a day I allow myself to read on the train....he was a fascinating character.....and as I read it, another one of my nieces/nephews has followed my advice and joined this circus.....my niece Arielle went to her first Dead & Co show last Saturday at Dodger Stadium and was pleased.....in an angry, hostile world , where we are constantly attacked with media, social media and disturbing video news.....at a time where our country is literally fighting for our lives against the entire world....it is essential to take a breath, drink a beer (or 30 ) and listen to the Grateful Fucking Dead......that is the one, TRUE , constant....rest in peace Jerry, Pigpen, Brent and Mr John Perry Barlow....the lucky ones down here will never forget. The black-throated wind keeps on pouring in With its words of a lie that could almost be true. Ah, Mother American Night, here comes the light. I'm turning around, that's what I'm gonna do Goin back home that's what I'm gonna do Turnin' around, That's what I'm gonna do

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh where have ye been, Tom O'Dowd!