Wednesday, August 15, 2018

It sure was a good idea

Till Greed got in the way ( B.Dylan) ...well Bob Dylan may have been singing about Unions in the U.S. , but he easily could have been referring to major league sports in the 21st century...a mere 10 years ago , before i began distancing myself from the professional game ( at one time or another I had season tickets for the Rangers, the Football Giants and I attended a dozen baseball games a year)....I was planning a trip to see the Amazin Mets verse the orioles in the charmed city....and why not, it was a short 2.5 hour ride, had a nice seaport with great bars and nightlife and the ballpark was a fun place...a no brainer....until I called customer service...despite false advertisement on their website, group tickets were not really on sale....if I wanted 20 tickets to Mets/orioles, I had to buy 20 tix to 2 other orioles games....,.why would I do that ? I wouldn’t......OR I could wait until they went on sale to the general public....I did....but when they did I found out that in order to buy tix to the mets, yanks or red Sox games the first week they were on sale, I had to have a credit card with a Maryland address....seems they were embarrassed by all of the fans from those 3 teams outnumbering the locals...and so I passed on tix as i am sure most NY ers did...fast forward to last nights game at Camden yards...a robust 20,000 fans in attendance and at least 25,000 empty seats ...fuck you Baltimore...... Well, the job that you used to have... They gave it to somebody down in El Salvador.. The unions are big business, friend And they’re goin’ out like a dinosaur... They used to grow food in Kansas Now they want to grow it on the moon and eat it raw.... I can see the day coming when even your home garden Is gonna be against the law...

2 comments:

alvarez said...

any New York taxpayers read this wonderful blog???

this just in...

ALBANY - Gov. Andrew Cuomo gave an impassioned speech Wednesday by knocking President Donald Trump over his comments and policies toward women.

Then Cuomo was stung by his own comments as he derided Trump when he said, "We’re not going to make America great again. It was never that great."

Feel good about that comment?

anyone who votes for this piece of shit in november deserves what they get...

alvarez said...

maybe he meant it wasn't that great between 2009 and 2016 under the limp wristed kenyan muslim who wears mom jeans...ha ha ha