Thursday, October 31, 2019

Someone called my name

you know I turned around to see
It was midnight in the Mission and the bells were not for me.
Come again, walking along in the Mission in the rain,
Come again, walking along in the Mission in the rain, ( Garcia/Hunter)
And tonight we indeed have a mission in the rain as we pregame in the venerable MollyWee Pub and truck on over to the Worlds most famous arena for a Halloween special....I’m thinking this past week about 2 shows in particular...my first show was at the Nassau Coliseum in spring of 81...with Steve Mac, Dermott, Whitey, Freddie Roc and Stephen McCormack......38 years later it’s never gotten old..... and I am thinking about a show that was only me and Chris Cogs....Sept 92.....MSG ....a cold rainy night. The Garden has just completed a mini renovation and had a new sound system......the Dead opened with RAIN by the Beatles and went straight into Shakedown Street....the best two song opener I have ever seen in person, I was blown away.....I hope this ride never ends although we know someday it will.....I hope down the road a spell I reflect back on Halloween 2019 and can share my reflections as I prepare for another show, in another venue, in another year and another lifetime.

“When the RAIN comes, they go and hide their heads,
They might as well be DEAD,
When the Rainnnnnnnnn comessssssss ( Lennon/McCartney)

1 comment:

alvarez said...

...And I was standin' on the side of the road
Rain fallin' on my shoes
Heading out for the east coast
Lord knows I've paid some dues
Gettin' through
Tangled up in blue...