Monday, December 16, 2019

I’ll tell you where the four winds sleep

Like four lean hounds, the lighthouse keep”

In the spirit of full disclosure I must admit that I was NOT onboard with the draft day trade for Eli.... I fully admit that as a Wolfpack fan I wanted David Rivers.... I thought the hype around Eli was unwarranted and more the product of his last name.....but he sure won me over quickly and not just by winning Super Bowls.... I became a supporter and ardent defender of Eli after the classless attacks on his leadership by two career “me first miscreants” tiki barber and Jeremy shockey.....I waited for the scathing rebuttal from Eli that never came.....and then I realized we had someone special, someone with thick skin and mature and confident enough to let his play be his rebuttal....even without those 2 magic seasons he would be in my Hall of Fame....a team player, standup citizen, a father and family man, a breath of fresh air in the midst of the decline of the league into a den of thuggery.......but how about those two seasons.....the nfc title game in Lambeau is still my favorite game of my life.......the miracle passes and catches by Tyree and Mannigham .....the battle in the slosh of Candlestick Park.........Eli won most of us over.....he was a QB you could be proud to have lead your organization......he took personal responsibility for the firing of Coach Coughlin and that is a quality I don’t think we may ever see again, God Bless you Eli and Thanks for the memories....including his post game speech yesterday when he took full advantage of the situation and slyly ended his speech by saying “I’ll see everyone Wednesday “ ( giving his teammates 2 days off.....classic)

 Wildflower seed in the sand and wind
May the four winds blow you home again”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew we had a winner, when in 2005 Eli led a 4th qtr comeback down 23-10 to Denver. Two LONG TD scoring drives to pull it out! Have a drink of the Jack for Eli!!!