Thursday, December 08, 2022

i heard the news today , oh boy

 They hauled your ship up on the shore,

Now the city gone dark, there is no more joy,
They tore the heart right out and cut it to the core (Dylan)


that clip was from the Bob Dylan tribute song for John Lennon (Roll on John) and if youve never heard it, well do yourself a favor and give it a listen today....hell, even if you've heard it  a million times it is worth another listen today....because today is the 42 nd anniversary of his senseless assassination on the streets of NYC, in front of his home.....John lost his life, but the earth lost John.

i still feel the loss when i think of all the songs that were in him but never made it to paper....again, our loss as a species on earth....senseless stupidity.......hard to accept that Yoko and Paul ares till here to haunt us, but poor John was snuffed out in his prime.

Ah, people asking questionsLost in confusionWell, I tell them there's no problemOnly solutionsWell, they shake their heads and they look at me, as if I've lost my mindI tell them there's no hurry, I'm just sitting here doing time
I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and roundI really love to watch them rollNo longer riding on the merry-go-round
I just had to let it goI just had to let it goI just had to let it go

No comments: