Saturday, May 05, 2007

arvidas

with a blast of sunshine this first Saturday in May arrived on the seen, looking so splender and so fine, goosembumps aplenty....i can hear my old Kentucky Home playing softly in the distance in the shadows of my mind...NO wait, that would be the living room stereo, and it ain't so softly after all.....Greetings friend and foe , and welcome to this saturnalian event that will be sure to please....AHHHH the Kentucky Derby , not even a Ranger heartbreaker last night can dampen the enthusiasm we share this day......20 beautiful beasts will take to the mud track in hopes of exchanging three years of workouts and folly for certian immortality. Owners awoke this day saying "I am who they say I am " I have arrived...I have a horse in the derby. Trainers....up even before yours truly , put away the watches and resolve themselves to idle chatter and strategy with the Jocks....Jockeys awoke this morning in cathouses screaming apprenden le gusta and other foreign nonsense that nobody but Eiber Coa could ever understand........and the gambler (Kenny Rogers) ....well how did you awake? I awoke to steak and eggs, a mimosa, I put out the backyard Flags, Old Glory and the US Navy Flag, cranked up the stereo, brewed another cup of cofee for the road...for it's off to Spring Lake, the IRISH Riviera, for some divine intervention as I ponder and ponder some more........never read so many papers as this past week....lots of dope, but nothing , and I mean nothing has forced me to waver from my genesis.....There is No Biz like Sho Biz........for this Cowtown Cat.......all the liquidity and street sense tells me so...I don't want to Bwanna Bull you , and the weather pundits may call for a Storm in May, but I would be hard spun or just a wild and crazy guy to change my picks...it is true that on any given saturday etc etc , but you can put take your zanjero and go to lunch in teuflesberg with Mr Sedgefield and your Dominacan waiter...this Great Hunter has to Scat Daddy , before we go round in a circular quay while Sam p is playin a match of curlin........you try fitting Stormello into this jargon and I give you one of Edgar Prados Tiago's...........

No comments: