Tuesday, May 15, 2007

the older generation....and nashville cats

and so I sit watching the NHL playoffs and and realize "once again" that IT will never end.....it being the endless ties and reminders to that horrific day.......the Deadwings are playing the Ducks .....and who should be in nets for the DUCKS but "John Sebastian Giguere".......and so where did I first come in contact with this goaltender? well I suppose I may be cursed with too good a memory......I was in my normal seat in section 419 of the blues with Donnie Hoff watchin the Blueshirts tangle with the Hartford Whalers...Shane Churla was playin despite a badly injured eye......after 1 period , our good friend Dan Woods invited us down to redline seats, 10 rows off the ice compliments of his company. We of course followed, and on our way to the escalators we ran into COOP, John Cooper a Musketeers regular and diehard Rangers fan and convinced him to come with us.. .....Dano introduced us to his work Buddy "John Farrell" an immediate great guy....the 5 of us hit it hard for the remainder of the game....laughing and drinking.......I recited every "loovin Spoonful" lyric I could remember to taunt Mr. Giguere.......months later me, donn, dano & Farrell all attended a Bob Dylan and Van Morrison concert at the old Felt Forum.......we filtered into the "play by play" club to watch St Franciss battle LIU in the NEC playoffs........my heart sunk when I learned that Joh Farrell & John Cooper passed away that horrible day.....another good man done gone.....and I can't speak for anyone but Tom O'Dowd.....but I will never forget John Farrell or Coop or  the multitude of others I remember daily.....GOD BLESS....remember the fun times if possible.

No comments: