Sunday, April 13, 2008

20 days till the Derby

I am not sure if I can remember a year when so many derby hopefuls had such disastrous outings in the Preps....War Pass 1-20 favorite getting crushed in Florida and finishing last....El Gato Malo sliding into oblivion of 5th place after 3 straight wins and a 2nd, Dennis of Cork not cracking the board in Illinois....Tale of Ekati goes from off the board to winner of the Wood...Giant Moon and Majestic Warrior not even going to make an appearances in KY after being hailed as a favorites, and yesterday , the biggest shock to me , PYRO , whom I was close to wagering my May mortage payment on , comes in 10th at the Bluegrass.....what in the name of Jim Hill is going on around here.....Col John and Big Brown right now appear to be the two solid favorites, but who is to say that their "clunker" won't arrive on the first saturday in May.

Nick Zito and Cool Coal Man have caught my eye of late,and Todd Pletcher with My Boy Prado up on Monba looks intersting, but I honestly just don't know what to make of the field.

No comments: