Saturday, April 04, 2009

Bid Day for Racing

The big 4 are finally here, no not basketball, but 4 of the most telling prep stakes takes place tday.

The bayshore, The Iliinois Derby, The Wood and The Santa Anita Deby will be run today in the span of 60 minutes. ( 4:40 to 5:36 to be exact)

who doe we like you might ask ....go ahead and ask....who do we like?

"Gato Go Win" in the Bayshore....that's not Graves talking to me , that's the horsey's name...never heard of him before today , but I love em just the same...he sets the tone for a Big BIG day for this Cat.

Onto the Illini ...and even though Todd Pletcher has half the field, we are avoiding that big baby....we are gonna tie Mr Zito's "nowhere to hide" in with "Giant Oak" .....big blue trying to salvage his derby hopes....has a lot to proove.

that takes us to the Wood......can't put my finger on it , but i do not like "I want Revenge" ...I know he is the Big NY Favorite ,and a huge derby hopeful, but not my cup of tea........I am taking a shot on that old Aquaduct master Edgar Prado and Imperial Council.

And Alas the Santa Anita and very likely the Derby Winner will emerge today....it promises to be a duel between the bizare looking Pampelmousse and Mister Bob Baffert and Pioneer of the Nile........I am going with Bob and tie the mouse in an exacta...

caveat emptor.....i have been very wrong before....in fact...i have had a disastrous Prep Season 09 , but that all changes today.


in the shiny olympics i will stay east young lad....POINTS ?

layem with the Huskies, take em with the Cats....

No comments: