Friday, September 02, 2016

The Promised Land

I feel like Chuck Berry...who left his home in Norfolk Virginia on a jet to the promised land....and now I'm here..... CALIFORNIA.....the end of the continent....no more land to traverse....the great Pacific Ocean....I walked down the Santa Monica incline and thought of Spencer Tracy and it's a mad mad world....but I didn't find the BIG W.....I sat on the pier and sipped GOLDEN ROAD IPA and looked up the coast to Malibu.... reunited with my darling wife who just flew in from Newark ( and yes , her arms are tired).....had lunch with my Godson and his lovely wife , walked the beach took it all in...my journey is already a success....I remember my niece worrying that I might not make it to the wedding if it was in California, but it was never in doubt.... that's what family is all about.....no hill too high to climb.....no bridge too far....big day tomorrow....The Coliseum, Griffiths Observation, Santa Anita and los dodgers estadium...

No comments: