Thursday, October 27, 2016

Ain't no time to hate.... barely time to wait.

So , I saw a Facebook post by Bob Weir last night ...which; in and of itself is pretty weird, but Mr Weir was asking deadheads to still believe in a democracy and to still participate by voting in the next election......and I thought of all the slings and arrows shot at the Dead and their followers over the years by various establishments, authority figures and local politicians for being drug taking vagrants and a blight on polite society....and here in this most uncivil of elections this country has ever seen, was the cofounder of the Grateful Dead trying to restore order and reinforce faith in our transitions of power.....and in reality, the finest examples of our country's values that I have experienced in my time on earth were the years I spent in the NAVY and countless sojourns in the good company of Deadheads at a show.....one common mission.... nobody being judged by the color of their skin , their hometown, their financial status, their religion....never made to feel uneasy for my personal beliefs ( except for when Phil Lesh was insisting that everyone become an organ donor...but I digress)..... I guess the point is that we all have a right to vote, and we should exercise that, encourage our neighbor to do the same and let it be.......a very interesting side bar.....the Deadheads that replied to Bob were 75% anti Hilary for stealing the nomination from Bernie.....not so much anti Trump...... I think a lot of the assumed votes for Hilary will not show up or will vote for Gary Johnson.... we'll see.

No comments: