Friday, August 23, 2019

“In the morning, when we rise

 that’s the time, that’s the time, ......that’s the time, that’s the time...I love the best “ ( D.Leitch)

So I found myself on the treadmill at 4:40 this morning with the TV on mute waiting for Curtis Sliwa and listening to my iPod shuffle my 10,000 song catalogue....and Colors by Donavan Leitch came on.....it’s really hard to look at the world with anything but Rose tinted glasses when Donavan is singing......he was one of my brother Jays favorite musicians and he turned me onto Donavan through osmosis when I was 3 or 4.....I clearly remember Sunshine Superman, Jennifer Juniper and of course Atlantis emanating from his room at the front of the house on 76th street, the tar beach rooftop when he couldn’t get to Riis Park or the back deck.......don’t think for a minute that music doesn’t play a significant role in the formation of the brain, personality and most importantly the soul......I am exactly who I am because of the music I listened to when it mattered the most...... and I owe my poetic and sympathetic traits to the likes of Donavan Leitch.....and today as oft times before; I find myself in a great mood after listening to that soft spoken Scotsman.......would be great if thy New Sweater Nite Ramblers could cover some Donavan for SN22......”ah but I might as well try to catch the wind “

1 comment:

alvarez said...

not to mention we avoided the season of the witch when that drunken treasonous bitch hiLIARy was banished to hell on earth for the rest of her miserable life on earth thanks to MAGA...stay mellow, not yellow...and,buy more ammo...avoid crowds...