Thursday, September 02, 2021

heard one person starve

 i heard many people laughin

Heard the song of a poet who died in the gutter

Heard the sound of a clown who cried in the alley

And it’s a hard, and it’s a hard, it’s a hard, it’s a hard

And it’s a hard rain’s a-gonna fall


as we anxiously await the dawn this day we count our blessings.....i hope my friends were unscathed by that storm last night.......as i walked the yard an hour ago with my trusted companion Matteau, ensuring the fences had not blown down and no tree limbs or other debris were scattered about , i heard the rustling of the trees......a cool and constant wind blew across my property....beckoning me....if i listened carefully it was an invitation of sorts....come drink with us......a crisp autumn day that will certainly eventually deliver a brilliant shining of the sun.......with air so fresh you can't help but smile....a day where the music will magically turn up a notch and only the finest songs will work their way into a random shuffle.....blue sky perhaps...or running down a dream....a box of rain most definitely....the hair on your neck will stand up....the ice in the cooler will only melt enough to produce ice cold droplets of water  on the cans below....a day that makes you worship and not question a higher power.....an atmosphere so inviting that the beeeers will practically drink themselves.........bring it on i say to you, bring it on.,,,,if ever we needed a day such as this , i believe it is now.


Then I’ll stand on the ocean until I start sinkin’

But I’ll know my song well before I start singin’

No comments: