Friday, April 07, 2023

in a little hilltop village

 they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation an’ they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence and got repaid with scorn

“Come in,” she said, “I’ll give you shelter from the storm”  (Dylan)


ah yes, the Roman soldiers rolling dice for Jesus robes.......today is and must be Good Friday

I'll take a brief respite from my daily diatribe on current events.

Let's pack a cooler, give Dano a call and head down to 102 schoolyard.

what times first pitch and is Hari Rohl playing Centerfield in the Sneaker-Bomber game today?

Poor Mac knew we had to go to Vesuvio's for dinner but he forgot it was because you can't eat meat...and so in a drunken Stupor he ordered a Mozza Burger on Italian Bread.

I remember squeezing into Friar Tucks and actually being served a bottle of Bud for the first time at the relatively young age of 13 or 14.......you have to remember that the Drinking age in the 1970's was:

New Jersey    21yrs old

NYC    18yrs old

Brooklyn    16yrs old

Bayridge    5ft 8 inches tall

all the years combine, and melt into a dream as Mr Hunter would say.......i'll be back tomorrow with more worldwide opines.

Suddenly I turned around and she was standin’ there

With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair

She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns

“Come in,” she said, “I’ll give you shelter from the storm”

1 comment:

alvarez said...

Bay Ridge was paradise on earth...

alvarez