Tuesday, May 09, 2023

a smile relieves

 a heart that grieves

Remember what I said ( Jagger-Richards)

a magical day this past sunday in a section of the Borough of Churches that i didn't think i would ever revisit. On the quiet streets of Mill Basin, an absolute respite in the heart of the jungle that is known as Flatbush, lies el Carib. This past weekend a lifetime of friends and golden memories were on display to celebrate , and to me the time seemed to stand still....i was amazed everytime i looked at my watch how early it was.......some parties fly by and you awake and wonder if they even happened......but Sunday unfolded in glorious slow motion. As if in a dream it felt as though everyone was delighted to be there and nobody wanted the party to end. A surprise 30th anniversary for two great friends, brought what's left of the old neighborhood together for a memorable afternoon. I have often droned on in my sweater letters about stopping to appreciate the simple days and the time spent with friends, Sunday i just stood in the back of the catering hall for a few moments and allowed my Brain to take it all in, so many smiling, laughing faces from our past-present-future........you pinch yourself and say , if it is but a dream , i do not want to wake up.


I'm just standing in a doorway

I'm just trying to make some sense

Out of these girls passing by

The tales they tell of men

I'm not waiting on a lady

I'm just waiting on friend

No comments: