Sunday, March 31, 2024

well i'm pressin on

Yes, I’m pressing on
Well I’m pressing on
To the higher calling of my Lord (Dylan)


 



i count my blessings that in my travels with the Navy, i was able to visit Jerusalem ......they didn't have great night life or strip clubs, but it still the most amazing place i ever visited in person. It felt as though you were walking through a history textbook......as though 2,000 years later very little had changed....we visited the wailing Wall and i inserted my special intentions on a piece of scrap paper.....i simply wrote " A New York Rangers Stanley Cup in my lifetime" and stuffed it into the wall along with the thousands of tourists who were praying for loved ones and family....that was in May or June of 1988.

we also visited the tomb of Jesus of Nazareth.....the photo above is the simple scripture at the entrance....i had to pinch myself to ensure it was not a dream and to confirm i was really standing there...in the very tomb......it was surreal.

As our tour bus packed with military personnel rolled out of Jerusalem, a group of palistinian thugs were standing on the side of the road and began pelting our bus with objects.....one them shattered the glass window and someone shouted that it was a grenade......i was in the last row of the bus with my Buddy Ray Smalls and we were sharing a bottle of Jack and a bag of Mccabe Beers.....Ray was a big Dude and there was no way we could fit under the seats , so we just put our hands in front of our faces and i closed my eyes...lol.....as if that would help....i can laugh now, but for a split second i did think i was gonna die ( fist of many , many times to come)........thankfully the sand jiggs could only afford to throw rocks.....they shattered 2 or 3 windows and our Israeli bus driver barely acknowledged it.......we drove a few miles and then he pulled over and taped cardboard to the broken windows....he was more concerned about loosing our air conditioning in the blistering heat then was about a terrorist attack....everyday life for an Israeli i suppose...........anyway today i drank cold beer and listen to Dylan and i am pretty confident that those palistinian punks are rotting in hell with allah and the other goatfucker pedophiles.......oh, and more importantly ....Jesus of Nazareth or his Dad delivered the 2nd Messiah, Mark Messier to 33rd and 8th Ave....and the rest is beautiful history.


Many try to stop me, shake me up in my mind
Say, “Prove to me that He is Lord, show me a sign”
What kind of sign they need when it all come from within
When what’s lost has been found, what’s to come has already been?

2 comments:

alvarez said...

Couldn't you at least asked for 2 stanley cups?

sigh

alvarez

tomcat said...

i didn't want to be greedy like the Heebowitz's around me in Jerusalem.......the guy standing next to me got mad when his kid asked for $10 dollars.........$5 DOLLARS ?? he shouted....whatta ya need a dollar for ?