Saturday, June 22, 2024

You lock the door

 And throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me.
And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear. (Waters)


If the Panthers complete the biggest collapse in finals history, I sb a foot note on the story and share some of the blame…..allow me to explain….. last night I found myself in the National Harbor across the Potomac from Alexandria VA…..you’ve heard of the land of the midnight sun ? Well this place was cloaked in darkness at mid day……this was a modern day planet of the apes……every friggin bar and restaurant was staffed by africants……and 80% of the customers shared their heritage……we had driven 6 hours from Wilmington NC ( a beautiful, BEAUTIFUL city) and we were looking for a place to rest our weary bones, enjoy a dozen or two cold beers and watch the Hockey game……we checked into the hotel at 3:00 and went bar hopping……first thing we noticed were the signs on every corner alerting everyone to a youth curfew in effect for the summer…..no unaccompanied minors were allowed in the harbor after 6:00….hmm….bad sign….it got worse……every bartender looked like Patrick Ewing was a cross dresser…….complete with nose rings and belly shirts….after 5 bars we gave up and went back to the hotel…..for safety reasons the hotel locked the front doors at 8:00…..we got back around 7:55……..as I sat in the room and watched the National Anthem, I said to myself that this incredible hockey season could not end with me being sequestered in a hotel that looked like the set of the WIRE …i knew Edmonton was pushing 7...…..thankfully I am home now and I will watch game 7 in the yard or Club Gato…with a proper supply of ice cold beer and no visible signs of Cornelius or Dr Zaius...…apologies to the Cats if I ruined your post season.

And if the band you're in starts playing different tunesI'll see you on the dark side of the moon


No comments: