Thursday, August 25, 2016

As heads is tail's

just call me Lucifer, cause I'm in need of some restraint........... Poor Doc Gooden.....at one time he could've been the Champion of the World........now he resorts to lashing out at Darryl Strawberry....his direct quote.." Strawberry is trying to create distractions cause he's lying to everyone and cheating on his wife...he's LUCIFER , that's who he is "......... I remember the 86 parade down the canyon of heroes....I remember hearing that Strawberry was AWOL.....it was actually DOC that was in a crack den and missed the parade, but back then nobody would believe it........ My personal favorite memory of Doc was a Friday night in September of 84 ( September 8th 1984... I had to look it up )the Cubs were in first place, leading the Mets by 6 or 7 games....this was opening night of a 3 game series and Shea was literally standing room only.......right from the start you could tell that Doc was on fire.... mowing the cubbies down to the delight of the long starved faithful..... myself, Eddie Griffin, Donnie Hoff, Tom Daley, Jimmy Holland were definitely there....not quite sure who else..... and the offense supplied runs right away..... George Foster and Darryl homered....and soon a quiet buzz started in the upper tier.....is tonight the night ?......in the 5th inning Keith Moreland ( I had to look that up) hit a high chop down the third base line....Ray Knight charged in , fielded on a short hop and never threw to first base......base hit.....and what proved to be the only Cubs hit....Doc threw a complete game shutout , striking out 11 Cubs..and in the afterglow of a pennant race in September of 1984 the world appeared to be Dwight Goodens oyster..he gave us real hope for once....real belief that a dynasty was forming....and I can't speak for all Mets fans , but I loved him....and Darryl , Darling, Keith , Wally, Mookie ....Kid Carter every member of that 86 team.....and I was happy when he pitched his no hitter for the Yankees and helped them to the 96 World Series.... I feel bad for him now.... I hope somehow he puts it together..... when I think of Doc it's always September of 1984.

No comments: