Saturday, August 27, 2016

Penelope pitstop....circa Albany

Oh sweet mother of Jesus..... Albany was the first location that the conductor GEORGE told me we would have enough of a layover to stretch our legs.......he saw I brought 18 pints in a cooler so he really meant stretch your liver.....and in Albany there ain't much....even on Travers DAY......but I found this gem across the street....June's place.....and as luck would have it.....June was tending bar.....along with 87 fruit flies......not quite the salty dog, but it is a converted firehouse.....I ordered a PBR because I didn't want to appear to be an aristocrat.....but I still got snide look's and dirty stares.......June was lovely though....45 going on 60 or somewhere in between.....but pleasant.....I rifled down 2 PBR's and left a $3 tip..... everyone was glued to the TV......no.....not a real TV.....but a quick draw machine.....there were no real TVs......but a radio was on the bar listening to the GIANTS pre game....... well hello and goodbye to Albany.....as the summer dies quietly on the other side of this hill , June fights on .....she probably was a looker in the first Clinton administration.....she still ain't half bad........ever wonder what happens in the small corners of the world that don't touch NYC ?

No comments: