Monday, August 29, 2016

Denver

I always had an inkling to visit Denver....from my teenage years reading Kerouac and on the road....his tales of Larimer Street and the search for Neal Cassadys dad....the railway station, the freight train bums coming from SF or headed to NYC....and then the Grateful Dead establishing a home away from home in the Red Rocks amphitheatre....all the tapes, the stories.....I feared slightly as the train pulled in that this gem in the foothills of the Rockies may not live up to my expectations......no worries.... Denver blew me away....what an amazing city.... according to my Fitbit I logged 29,000 steps.....and I ain't done.....I visited a bar where Kerouac and Cassidy used to hang out...I went to Coors Field, had a bison burger, drank Breckenridge and wynkoop beer... gazed at the Rockie Mountains and took it all in....met some cool people, restored some of my faith in this nation.... overall....a total success...God is Almighty....to see these Mountains reminds you how powerful our Lord is.

No comments: