Wednesday, October 07, 2020

all life folds

 back into the sea.......warren zevon and the indifference of heaven.....sure seems that in 2020 everything is fleeting and or meaningless, i'm reminded of bob dylan and a lyric i have quoted too many times....i used to care, but things have changed......and so yesterday towards the end of another deja vu day came word that Eddie Van Halen had passed away at the unfathomable age of 65.....seriously how could this happen ? i mean say what you want about van halen, but it was impossible NOT to like Eddie.....an incredible guitarist and he married Americ'a real sweetheart ( at least the one from my generation) Valerie Bertinelli....he had the hairstyle and was the best Rock guitarisrt of the late 70's early 80's..........as i sat in the yard listening to diver down and downing a few dozen beers came word that Johnny Nash had passed away at 80 in Houston.......maybe he died of sadness after realizing he lived in Houston ( not sure).....but what can't be denied is the incredible optimism from his biggest hit ..."I can see clearly now" and the defiant way with which he sang it....I remember seeing his name on the liner notes of one of my Bob Marley & the Wailer albums and wondering if it was the same guy ( no internet back then)....well it was .....he was one of the few American Born singers to be a part of the Kingston music scene.....he befriended and signed Bob, Peter Tosh and Rita Marley to recording deals  ......that impact alone on me personally and the world at large demands a pause.................anyway....i suppose it is just another day in the pandemic era....tomorrow we put on an optimistic pair of glasses like Johnny Nash.....we mimic the Defiant President and his Victory over China Flu....and we channel our inner Rock Star like Eddie Van Halen and drink Cold Beer in whats' left of the worlds greatest city.....i hope these two songs are playing on the loop inside my head.

I can see you, don't know which way to turn
But the sun still shines
Don't you know that you can dance with me
Anytime?   ( Van Halen - Little Guitars)


I can see clearly now the rain is gone
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
Bright (bright) sunshiny day
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
Bright (bright) sunshiny day (Johnny Nash)


No comments: