Tuesday, October 05, 2021

turn up the TV

 no one listening will suspect,

Even your mother won't detect it

No your father won't know

They think that I've got no respect

But everything means less than zero ( Elvis Costello aka Declan Mcmanus)


America thinks they have a social media problem and of course we do.....but the crisis at hand is one of Parenting or a lack thereof.......teenage girls feeling worthless because of instagram ?

who gave them the phone ?

who told them to sit in the corner and play video games ?

who used them as photo ops and vacation props to impress the neighbors ?

Yes, social media is an addictive disease that is crippling a generation , but it starts at home.....parents propping up their kids and posting glorious updates, creates at atmosphere where normalcy  is not an option......nobody wants to see a post that little johnny's team lost 10-0.......or that little suzie pigtails didn't get a ribbon for participation....and the so called adults are at the center of it all.....this undying need / thirst for positive reinforcement .....this crying out to be accepted or "LIKED" is pathetic.......as the late great John Barlow would say "just cause you said it, that don't mean that it's so".

it's time for this generation, to pick themselves back up, put down the fucking phones, and live your lives.....set that example for once.........i too am guilty......my Pal Matteau has complained to me that he feels exploited by my posts on Instagram....he feels the weight of the world trying to live up to the high standards that Gravey set........i told him he should close his account.


I ain't burning, Lord, I'm still only learning

How to become a man of my own.


Just want to find out what's right and what's wrong.


I ain't crazy, all the world keeps on turning,

I'm still trying to find out what's right and what's wrong.


I ain't crazy!



No comments: