Sunday, June 29, 2008

the tide is high

well it was yesterday.....rumors of my demise at the hands of the Atlantic Ocean are just not true.....this Piscean attacked the current off Donnavans Reef and Won....I have taken drunker swims in rougher water than yesterday and lived to yak about it.....I'm a Navy Man for goodness sake.......however....had I succumbed to the brutal surf and actually drowned yesterday......blame would rest squarely on the shoulders of one Chaz Higgins......who not only allowed me stumble into the ocean with approx 20 beers under my belt, but he encouraged it....."Go Jump in the Water and cool off" he says to me....shortly after a noreaster blew through the tiki bar and left 20 foot seas in her wake.......and swim I did.....the rip tide pulled me a 1/2 mile down the coast before I could finally fight my way back onto land...just in time for another twelve beers at the friendly confines of Donnavans........all in a days work lads....all in a day work......anyone up for Euro 08 ? The Nazis verse the spaniards at half two....

No comments: