Thursday, January 20, 2022

while money doesn't talk

it swears
Obscenity, who really cares
Propaganda, all is phony (Dylan) 

 so as we approach our 2nd anniversary our working remote...i decided to get an idea of how much $$ has dropped out of the local economies that i used to support....i lowballed all the numbers....it's definitely higher.....but you get the idea


Monthly train pass $326.00          times     24 months    = $7,824.00

Hoboken Deli……6 pints to go with tip for ice $20.00    times minimum of 3 visits a week ( most weeks 5 visits, but occasional vacation holiday, wfh etx etc , so we round down)              = $60 a week  time 104 weeks $6,240.00

Lunch in Bars……minimum 1 a week…..$35 with tip  times 104 weeks  = $3,640.00

Fast food lunch….at least once a week……$10 min…….times 104 weeks…..= $1,040

 

Not included….coffees, egg sandwhich or bagel from a street cart on Fridays,  Path or Boat tickets, happy hour drinks before train,

that's $18,700.00 just from me.........i must say i immediately increased my 401K contribution and i opened a ROTH and started putting my train fare in that acct each month.......the pandemic did wonders for my mental health.....and my dogs'.......it gave me ample time to exercise......and it was a financial blessing....i think i survived omnicron too........although it may be too soon to gloat.

And if my thought-dreams could be seen
They’d probably put my head in a guillotine
But it’s alright, Ma, it’s life, and life only

 

No comments: