Friday, August 09, 2024

Bent my Ear

to hear the tune 

and closed my eyes to see (Hunter-Garcia)


Oh Jerry.....all the years may combine, but it sure doesn't get any easier.......how grateful i am to have spent sooo many evenings in your presence in arenas and theaters , large and small, up and down eastern seaboard. I am thankful for the technology age we live in, so we have access to all your albums and live performances....and thankful that the GD had the foresight to not only record every show....but to allow and encourage their fanbase to do the same......i'll never forget the first time i saw the tapers section in person....hundreds of Deadheads clustered on the floor of the arena with microphone setups ....amazing


anyway , Jerry left us 29 years ago this day ....i will take some time this morning, afternoon and evening to raise a few glasses and bend my elbow...and my ear, to hear the tune.


2+3=BEEER


When I had no wings to flyYou flew to meYou flew to me


No comments: