Thursday, January 10, 2008

Lost Musings of William Stark

I recently stumbled across some gems from the late great William Stark...I will share them with my loyal readers when the mood strikes me.

Shadows aint what they used to be
Sun shines through where it shouldn't be
I wish they'd warn us before they flee
But life is costly and death is free

Cacophony of memories shatter the silence
On streets that fight for each breath
That deafening sound of emptiness
The last bus has already left

Ghosts peer through the windows at me
Their replacements just line the platform
This cattle car rolls through unfolding hills
Steamrolling to the edge of the world

Empty taverns packed with promise
reflections of what might have been
Tavern keepers born in the aftermath
Never knew what should have been

No comments: